- Mid-pregnancy shearing of crossbred ewes is becoming common as a means to increase lamb birth weight, improve lamb survival and wean heavier lambs
- Sheep should be shorn with winter combs. Lifters or blades may be necessary in some environments
- Shear ewes in mob sizes that can be adequately fed and sheltered
- Get shorn ewes onto sheltered pasture well before dark
- Covered yards and/or the woolshed should be available for emergency shelter.
For further information please download the attached PDF