- At current lamb prices the use of finishing crops is often profitable
- Specialist forage crops, if grazed at the correct stage of growth, can provide a bulk of high quality feed when the quality or quantity of ryegrass pasture is low
- Risks include possible crop failure, the lag time before the crop can be grazed and potential animal health problems
- Animal health problems can occur with most fodder crops, especially brassicas
- An acclimatisation period is essential when introducing sheep to brassicas.
For further information please download the attached PDF